Six jailed after Brandon town centre violence; guilty were sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court
Six men who were involved in late-night violence in Brandon town centre have each been locked up for 12 months.
The incident, which took place in the Market Hill in the early hours of April 30, was captured on CCTV and footage of the violence was played at Ipswich Crown Court before the men were sentenced.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said that during the affray Marius Olczak suffered a cut from his eye to ear and another man had a cut on his forehead and a broken nose.
Mr Crimp said a number of people had been in the vicinity at the time of the incident and would have found what they saw disturbing.
Before the court were Joe Roper, 20, of Brandon Fields, Brandon, Christopher Smith, 21, of Dewarrene Drive, Brandon, Aaron Markiewicz, 20, of Barr Drive, Lakenheath, Jordan Craigen, 21, of Mill Hill, Brandon, Robert O'Keefe, 22, of Hythe Road, Methwold and Warren Meadows, 20, of Wilton Road, Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
They all admitted an offence of affray and Roper, Markiewicz and Meadows were all sentenced to 12 months detention and O'Keefe, Craigen and Smith were each jailed for 12 months.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains