Sir Richard proposed for special honour
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
Norfolk's Lord Lieutenant could be granted the freedom of West Norfolk.
Borough councillors meet next week to discuss a special motion.
It proposes granting the rarely-given honour to Sir Richard Jewson 'in recognition of the eminent service that Sir Richard has given to the borough and Norfolk'.
It also proposes the common seal of the council be affixed to a certificate to be presented to Sir Richard at his retirement celebration on July 4.
The last person granted the freedom was historian Dr Paul Richards, in 2015.
Previous recipients include the conductor Sir John Barbirolli and the Queen Mother.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 10 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene