Sir Richard proposed for special honour
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
Norfolk's Lord Lieutenant could be granted the freedom of West Norfolk.
Borough councillors meet next week to discuss a special motion.
It proposes granting the rarely-given honour to Sir Richard Jewson 'in recognition of the eminent service that Sir Richard has given to the borough and Norfolk'.
It also proposes the common seal of the council be affixed to a certificate to be presented to Sir Richard at his retirement celebration on July 4.
The last person granted the freedom was historian Dr Paul Richards, in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Previous recipients include the conductor Sir John Barbirolli and the Queen Mother.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop