Sinkhole appears in the middle of a road in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A large sinkhole has appeared on a residential street in Thetford.
Police were called at 11.31am to Elizabeth Watling Close after the sinkhole - measuring more than 4ft long and 3ft wide - developed in the middle of the road.
A police car is blocking access to the road and two officers are helping to assist vehicles in and out of the road.
Norfolk County Council's highways department have been called to fix the sinkhole.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75