Singer to take to Thetford Academy stage with inspirational message
- Credit: Archant
A singer is to visit a town's main secondary school to discuss online safety and the pressures of social conformity.
With several schools also lined-up elsewhere in the UK over the coming months, 27-year-old Tom Ryder is going to be talking at Thetford Academy on March 15 about a topic that lies particularly close to home.
Throughout his teenage years, Mr Ryder experienced a great deal of pressure to perform well at school.
'The expectation that I would be accepted into Oxford meant that, from GCSEs onwards, I would suffer from insomnia, anxiety and depression,' he said.
Mr Ryder wants to assure young people that anything is possible.
He will also be performing his new single Here We Go Again, which is released on Friday, March 31.
Mr Ryder said he is 'inspired by solo artists with a flair for authentic onstage performance'.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
He also hopes to provide thousands of young people with a positive influence while on tour.
For more information, visit www.tomrydermusic.com