Singer to perform at Beccles church in second lunchtime concert for porch appeal
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The second Musical Bites lunchtime concert at St Michael's Church in Beccles takes place today.
The event is being hosted by the Friends of St Michael's to raise funds towards the second phase of a project to restore and repair the church's south porch.
Structural repairs were completed last summer and now they need to raise £87,000 for phase two - the conservation of the stonework which has been badly weathered.
So far £61,500 has been raised, including grants and donations, and the Friends have organised a series of lunchtime concerts to help secure the final funds.
Singer Matthew Smith will be performing in the church from 12.30pm to 1.15pm today.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free, although there will be a retiring collection for the project.
The Friends will be selling sandwiches, homemade cakes and drinks, or visitors can take along their own lunch.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The concerts will continue next Friday, July 28, with St Michael's Church Choir.