Student dies in hospital after being found unresponsive in hotel
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of a student who was found unresponsive in a hotel.
Sinead Storey died in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Friday, November 22. She was 19.
On Monday, an inquest opening at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich heard how Miss Storey was found unresponsive in a hotel before being taken to the hospital in Colney.
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake added that Miss Storey was a student and was from Ash Tree Road in Doncaster.
Her medical cause of death was given as hypoxic brain injury and cardiac arrest as a result of hanging.
You may also want to watch:
A pre-inquest review has been scheduled for Thursday, February 27, 2020.
- Do you need to talk? The Samaritans can be contacted 24 hours a day 365 days a year on 116 123.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops