Bereaved TV presenter Simon Thomas opens fundraising page in memory of wife
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Sky Sports presenter Simon Thomas has shared a fundraising page in memory of his wife who died last month.
Gemma Thomas, 40, died just three days after being diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia, leaving behind Mr Thomas and their eight-year-old son Ethan.
Mr Thomas, 44, said he was raising money for Maggie's Centres 'because they were amazing at looking after our family.'
The JustGiving page has already received more than £4,000 in donations, which will help the centres to continue providing emotional and practical support to people affected by cancer.
In a tweet, Mr Thomas said: 'As I said, I didn't expect anything. But my days I'm touched by the goodness of people I don't even know. Thank you so much xx.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thomas is a lifelong Norwich City fan, having grown up in Cromer and Grimston near King's Lynn.
• You can donate at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/gemmarthomas
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?