Simon Thomas says emotional farewell to wife
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Norfolk-raised TV presenter Simon Thomas has said goodbye to his wife in an emotional tweet.
The Sky Sports presenter's wife Gemma died just three days after falling ill with leukaemia last month.
In a tweet earlier today with a picture of Gemma, he said: 'Today we said goodbye. I'll always love you darl xx.'
Mr Thomas, who grew up in Cromer and at Grimston near King's Lynn, said her death had left him 'crushed with indescribable pain'.
The 44-year-old, who now lives in Reading, is a lifelong Norwich City fan, and Canaries supporters were among those passing on words of comfort.
You may also want to watch:
A former Blue Peter presenter from 1999-2005, Mr Thomas worked alongside presenters Matt Baker, Konnie Huq, and Liz Barker.
Mrs Thomas, 40, used to work as a press officer for the Electoral Commission,
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
The couple were married at St Nicholas Church in Sevenoaks in Kent in 2005.