Simon Thomas says emotional farewell to wife
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Norfolk-raised TV presenter Simon Thomas has said goodbye to his wife in an emotional tweet.
The Sky Sports presenter's wife Gemma died just three days after falling ill with leukaemia last month.
In a tweet earlier today with a picture of Gemma, he said: 'Today we said goodbye. I'll always love you darl xx.'
Mr Thomas, who grew up in Cromer and at Grimston near King's Lynn, said her death had left him 'crushed with indescribable pain'.
The 44-year-old, who now lives in Reading, is a lifelong Norwich City fan, and Canaries supporters were among those passing on words of comfort.
A former Blue Peter presenter from 1999-2005, Mr Thomas worked alongside presenters Matt Baker, Konnie Huq, and Liz Barker.
Mrs Thomas, 40, used to work as a press officer for the Electoral Commission,
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 6 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 9 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
The couple were married at St Nicholas Church in Sevenoaks in Kent in 2005.