Bereaved TV presenter Simon Thomas makes New Year’s resolution to ‘just get through another day’
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Sky Sports presenter Simon Thomas has shared two poignant messages as he made a New Year's resolution to 'just get through another day'.
The Norfolk-raised presenter's wife, Gemma, died in November just three days after being diagnosed with leukaemia.
Since, Mr Thomas has posted a number of heartfelt messages on Twitter.
As 2017 came to a close, he said January fills him 'with a stomach churning dread'.
He said: 'The unavoidable, inescapable return to the house we so loved, yet now breathes the loss of the woman who poured her heart and creativity into making it our dream home.
You may also want to watch:
'The silence that has always felt so peaceful, is now a painful, claustrophobic one as I crave that front door to open again and her smiling face to come walking back in.'
This morning (Tuesday) he added: 'Since Gemma went I've managed 30 seconds in our bedroom before breaking down. The room where we slept and held each other, now a room of pain.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
He said friends had been 'beyond amazing' and added 'the darkness will hopefully not overcome'.
A fundraising page set up by Mr Thomas has now raised more than £10,000 for Maggie's Centres, which offers support to people affected by cancer.