Bereaved TV presenter Simon Thomas makes New Year’s resolution to ‘just get through another day’
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Sky Sports presenter Simon Thomas has shared two poignant messages as he made a New Year's resolution to 'just get through another day'.
The Norfolk-raised presenter's wife, Gemma, died in November just three days after being diagnosed with leukaemia.
Since, Mr Thomas has posted a number of heartfelt messages on Twitter.
As 2017 came to a close, he said January fills him 'with a stomach churning dread'.
He said: 'The unavoidable, inescapable return to the house we so loved, yet now breathes the loss of the woman who poured her heart and creativity into making it our dream home.
'The silence that has always felt so peaceful, is now a painful, claustrophobic one as I crave that front door to open again and her smiling face to come walking back in.'
This morning (Tuesday) he added: 'Since Gemma went I've managed 30 seconds in our bedroom before breaking down. The room where we slept and held each other, now a room of pain.'
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 4 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 7 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 8 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
He said friends had been 'beyond amazing' and added 'the darkness will hopefully not overcome'.
A fundraising page set up by Mr Thomas has now raised more than £10,000 for Maggie's Centres, which offers support to people affected by cancer.