Silver medal for 88-year-old Norwich fencer
- Credit: Archant
An 88-year-old sportswoman has brought home a silver medal from an international fencing competition.
Connie Adam, from Earlham, in Norwich, was the oldest challenger at the European Veterans Fencing Team Championships at Medway Park in Gillingham.
But she still managed to return with her fifth medal of the year after representing Great Britain Women's Sabre Grand Veterans team.
Mrs Adam said: 'I felt good and full of energy and very proud to be part of a team to represent my country.'
During the competition, which was held earlier this month, Mrs Adam fought against competitors from Germany and France.
You may also want to watch:
And after coming second in her category, she now has more than 140 medals to her name from about 40 years of fencing.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople