Silence is golden as Cawston Brownies boost EDP Norfolk and Lowestoft Flood Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Shhhhh! A bunch of Brownies stayed mum for 45 minutes to raise funds for the EDP Norfolk and Lowestoft Flood Appeal.
The youngsters from Cawston did the session partly as a fundraiser but also to get their disability badges.
Brownie leader Marjorie Chisman said: 'They played some games blind, working in pairs with one of with their eyes shut and the other guiding. We did semaphore with flags, spelling and listening. We could not believe it: they were silent for the whole 45 minutes –apart from one girl who did a hiccup,' she said.
The 18-strong group was keen to help a local cause, so decided to give the proceeds to the EDP flood fund.
Mrs Chisman said: 'They were sponsored by family and friends – including one person who pledged 10p a minute, because they obviously did not think they would make 45 minutes.'
You may also want to watch:
If you wish to donate to the flood appeal, please visit www.edp24.co.uk/floods or call 01603 628311. Contact your local council if you wish to speak to it about applying for one of the grants.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street