15 signs that show you grew up in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Curly wurly car parks, visits from the Queen and fierce school rivalries - just some of the things you'll remember if you grew up in King's Lynn.
1. As a child you asked your parents to park in the "curly wurly" car park.
2. You remember Campbell's tower and its subsequent demolition.
3. You used to go to the Bus Cafe on Saturday mornings to play the arcade games.
4. Calling the town Lynn and not King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
5. You remember the pyramid Wimpy.
6. Engaged in a fierce rivalry between the town's three high schools during your youth.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
7. Getting a visit from the Queen as well as Santa at Christmas time.
8. Not being afraid to tackle the Hardwick roundabout.
9. Your remember petting the animals at the cattle market.
10. Visiting the Mart every year.
11. You know that the town used to be called Bishop's Lynn.
12. You used to buy sweets from the shop between Boots and Burtons.
13. You can remember when the Lord Kelvin was packed with punters.
14. No one outside the county can understand your accent.
15. You remember the samphire man singing whilst driving his cart through the town.