Norwich City star's signed shirt up for grabs in silent auction
- Credit: Dereham Town Youth Football Club
A signed shirt worn by Norwich City player Todd Cantwell is up for grabs in a silent auction at the club where the Canaries star cut his teeth.
Dereham Town youth chairman Mark Donaldson said the shirt had been kindly donated by someone who got the shirt at the Norwich vs Chelsea game in which Cantwell scored his first Premier League goal.
Mr Donaldson explained that all funds will go towards building a hub for the Magpies’ youth teams.
“Essentially it will be a space for players and spectators to grab a drink, when we’re allowed to hang out, and watch a bit of football.” said Mr Donaldson.
He added: “We have great facilities, but what we don’t have is an area for tea or coffee.”
You may also want to watch:
The auction has attracted international interest and the highest bid is currently £260.
All bids must be sent in by 6pm on Friday, December 18. The winner will be notified at 7pm that evening. Bidders can submit their proposed sums via direct message to the club on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk