Signal improvements cancel trains between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft for one week
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains will not run between Norwich and Great Yarmouth this week because of a major line upgrade.
All lines will be closed from Monday, October 23 until Friday, October 27.
Services between Norwich and Lowestoft from 10.30am and 3.50pm will also be cancelled and replaced by buses from October 24 and October 27 because of the work.
A statement on the Greater Anglia website said: 'As a result of a major project works to upgrade signalling, all lines are closed between Norwich and Great Yarmouth all week.'
The affected services from Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft to Norwich will be replaced by buses all day and between 10.30am and 3.50pm each day, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Buses from Lowestoft/Oulton Broad North to Norwich (in that direction only) will not be able to pick up / drop off outside Oulton Broad North.
They will instead use the bus stop on Saltwater lane.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
Buses from Norwich will be unaffected.
Visit www.greateranglia.co.uk for more details.