Signal improvements cancel trains between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft for one week
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains will not run between Norwich and Great Yarmouth this week because of a major line upgrade.
All lines will be closed from Monday, October 23 until Friday, October 27.
Services between Norwich and Lowestoft from 10.30am and 3.50pm will also be cancelled and replaced by buses from October 24 and October 27 because of the work.
A statement on the Greater Anglia website said: 'As a result of a major project works to upgrade signalling, all lines are closed between Norwich and Great Yarmouth all week.'
The affected services from Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft to Norwich will be replaced by buses all day and between 10.30am and 3.50pm each day, respectively.
Buses from Lowestoft/Oulton Broad North to Norwich (in that direction only) will not be able to pick up / drop off outside Oulton Broad North.
They will instead use the bus stop on Saltwater lane.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
Buses from Norwich will be unaffected.
Visit www.greateranglia.co.uk for more details.