Sign up to Lowestoft WaterWalk
People are being encouraged to sign up to one of Lowestoft's biggest annual fundraising events.
On Tuesday, June 21, Hotel Hatfield will host an awareness night to promote the fifth WaterWalk along Lowestoft's seafront to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.
The WaterWalk will take place on Sunday, September 18, and it is hoped hundreds of people will complete the three or five mile course from Royal Green to Pakefield.
Sponsored by Essex and Suffolk Water, the last four walks have raised more than �20,000 to help the fight against cancer.
Anyone, of all ages and abilities, who is considering taking part in September's walk to help raise thousands more pounds for Cancer Research UK can attend the information night in Hotel Hatfield from 7pm to 9pm.
James Muir, one of the WaterWalk organisers and a customer manager for Essex and Suffolk Water, said: 'We hope that lots of interested people will come to Hotel Hatfield to find out about the WaterWalk and be inspired to take part.
'The WaterWalk is a brilliant way to bring the local community together in the fight against cancer.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
'We are now in our fifth year and the incredible stories of many of participants and supporters never fail to move me. It is a real reminder of why fundraising events like this for Cancer Research UK are so important.'
Entry for the WaterWalk costs �5 for individuals or �20 for teams of five. Children under 14 can take part for free but must be accompanied by an adult.
For information on September 18's WaterWalk and to register to take visit www.waterwalk.co.uk or call 01502 534005.