Sign up for a scholarship trial with Lowestoft Town FC
- Credit: Archant
Teenagers who love playing football and are keen to pursue further education after high school are being offered the chance to become scholars with Lowestoft Town FC.
The Trawlerboys are launching a new scholarship programme for the 2017/2018 season, starting in September, and the first trials will be held next week.
The Ryman Isthmian Football League premier division side will be hosting a scholarship trial for 16 to 18-year-olds at Crown Meadow on Thursday, February 16.
Open to youngsters currently in Years 11 or 12, students considering their next step in education are being invited to 'get involved with the club' and potentially 'climb up the ladder' into senior football.
So if you want to gain a BTEC qualification in sport, while having the opportunity to play football for Lowestoft, then register for the first trial for the 2017/2018 Lowestoft Town FC Scholarship.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Miller, community manager at Lowestoft Town FC, said: 'The day is an opportunity for young players - U18 - to get involved with the club to be in that position to climb up the ladder into senior football and gain a qualification at the same time.
'It is open to 16 to 18-year-olds – teenagers finishing their GCSEs or finishing first year at sixth form – from around the area. They will be coached by myself, first team assistant manager Dale Brooks and Travis Cole, first team player.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
The trial runs between 1pm and 4pm and consists of a full-scale match on Crown Meadow.
Mr Miller said: 'We will keep in touch with all the potential scholars before we host another trial in April. From this second trial, we will let them know who has been selected – as we are looking for a squad of about 20 players.'
The selected scholars will play weekly in a competitive U19 league, will gain a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in sport and coaching experience within the Lowestoft Town Sports Academy, which now boasts more than 150 youngsters aged U7 to U16.
? To register your place on the upcoming trial, contact Mr Miller on 07956 291111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org