The Norwich man with the best view in the house at the World Cup
- Credit: Archant
A man from Norwich admits he often has to pinch himself in his line of work.
Mat Wayne runs his own company, Showglu, working freelance as a producer and floor manager for major sports events across the world.
He is currently producing Guy Mowbray's BBC commentary team for the World Cup and has just landed in Samara ahead of England's quarter final with Sweden.
The team have completed 14 internal flights and the Three Lions' must-win match will be their 11th of the tournament.
Mr Wayne, who lives in Wicklewood, said: 'Everyone has been funny about Russia but it is just the most beautiful country and the people are all so delightful.
'I sit next to Guy and keep a log of the match, and I watch the match while he watches replays. You pinch yourself a lot of the time.
'My nerves were shot for the penalties - Danny Murphy couldn't sit down.'
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk