Shortlist for James Paget Hospital staff awards announced ahead of annual event
- Credit: Archant
More than 25 teams, staff, and volunteers who have made a difference at the James Paget University Hospital over the past 12 months have been shortlisted for the organisation's Remarkable People Awards.
Around 250 nominations were received for this year's award categories which include Ward of the Year, Employee of the Year, the James Paget Award for Innovation and the EDP Gold 'Patient Choice' Award.
After hours of consideration, the judging panel has decided on the shortlist – and all the finalists have been invited to an awards dinner held at Zest, Potters Leisure Resort on Friday, when the winners will be announced.
The winners of the Governor's award for the Outstanding Service, the EDP Gold 'Patient's Choice' Award, and the new Chairman and Chief Executive Commendation will be announced on the night.
David Wright, chairman of the trust, said: 'The Remarkable People Awards evening is an important event on the calendar which allows us to showcase and celebrate the hard work and dedication of our staff.
You may also want to watch:
'Once again we received some brilliant nominations – and I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to nominate people who they feel go the extra mile to make our hospital such a special place.
'I know that the judging panel had an extremely difficult task in selecting the finalists from the huge number of entries, which reflected the breadth of talent, innovation and dedication that we have in our hospital.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
'Those that have been shortlisted should be congratulated – and I wish them the best of luck on the night of the ceremony.'
Have you got a health story we should cover? Email email@example.com