Shorter opening hours at Cromer Hospital minor injuries unit on Sunday
Cromer and District Hospital's minor injuries unit (MIU) will have shorter opening hours this Sunday due to staff sickness.
The MIU, which is open 365 days a year, is normally open from 8am to 8pm every day but on Sunday August 14 it will only be open from 10am to 4pm. Normal service will resume on Monday August 15.
The MIU, run by emergency nurse practitioners, sees more than 11,000 patients a year. It can deal with minor head injuries - with no loss of consciousness - simple wounds, simple eye conditions, foreign body, corneal abrasions, minor burns, soft-tissue injury, bites and stings - with no associated complications, or acute reaction - simple fractures and broken or dislocated fingers.
The MIU cannot deal with: children under the age of two, pregnancy problems, complicated or serious injury, fractures, other than fingers, that may need manipulation, head injury where there has been loss of consciousness, alcohol-related head injuries or illnesses, medical conditions in their acute form, asthma, diabetes, allergic reaction.
Stroke and heart attack patients should attend the Accident and Emergency department at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. In an emergency, call 999 for an ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk