Jarrold department store chief explains her love for Norfolk on Norfolk Day
- Credit: Minnie Moll
On Norfolk Day, new chief executive of Jarrold department store Minnie Moll, describes why she is so thrilled to be back in her home county.
I started my new role as chief executive of Jarrold, in the heart of Norwich, just a week-and-a-half ago and I'm buzzing about how fantastic Norwich is.
I was born here but most of my working life has been in London.
I walk to our department store as the city wakes up, through cobbled streets, beautiful old buildings, eclectic little shops, cafes and bars.
The evenings bring musicians and theatre goers with people in bars and cafes spilling out on the streets.
You may also want to watch:
It is so vibrant and happening but mellow at the same time. It feels creative and a bit quirky. A bit like Cambridge but without the crowds of tourists.
No wonder Norwich has so many students come to study here who then never leave. What a brilliant city and how lucky am I to be back.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us