Shoppers enjoy Brandon’s European market
- Credit: Archant
A bid to bring the taste of the continent to a north Suffolk town got off to a slow start this weekend.
Traders from countries including France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Holland and Poland took over Brandon's Market Place today and will return tomorrow as part of a traditional European food and craft fair.
Wearing traditional costumes, they have been selling products including Brittany biscuits, olives, Italian nougat, cheeses, sausages, tartiflette, charcuterie, fresh bread, croissants and more.
Shoppers have also been able to buy hand bags and leather items, Marseille soaps, lavender, children's toys and pashminas.
Most of the products on sale have come from each stall holder's region.
You may also want to watch:
Reinaldo Marrachinho, one of the of the organisers, said: 'It's been quiet but the customers who have come are really happy and seem to have enjoyed themselves.'
He said the food stalls had been popular, particularly the crepes.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
The market will be held again tomorrow from 9am to 5pm.