Shoppers and cinema-goers in Norwich affected by cable fault
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers and cinema-goers were affected following an underground cable fault in Norwich.
The Castle Mall, in the city centre, and Odeon, at Riverside, experienced problems yesterday afternoon.
Amanda Philips, centre manager of the Castle Mall, said: 'We were affected for a matter of minutes. It was an inconvenience but I have to say UK Power Networks was brilliant. They were on the phone to us and kept us updated throughout.'
Odeon Cinema closed temporarily but reopened later.
And Norfolk Police reported via Twitter that a number of traffic lights around the Martineau Lane area had failed.
You may also want to watch:
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: 'Engineers worked as quickly and safely as possible to restore power to six customers in the Riverside area of Norwich, yesterday afternoon following an underground cable fault at 3.25pm.
'The fault affected 18 properties originally but 12 were restored by 4.05pm and the final six customers had their supplies back at 4.20pm.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park