Shoppers and cinema-goers in Norwich affected by cable fault
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers and cinema-goers were affected following an underground cable fault in Norwich.
The Castle Mall, in the city centre, and Odeon, at Riverside, experienced problems yesterday afternoon.
Amanda Philips, centre manager of the Castle Mall, said: 'We were affected for a matter of minutes. It was an inconvenience but I have to say UK Power Networks was brilliant. They were on the phone to us and kept us updated throughout.'
Odeon Cinema closed temporarily but reopened later.
And Norfolk Police reported via Twitter that a number of traffic lights around the Martineau Lane area had failed.
You may also want to watch:
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: 'Engineers worked as quickly and safely as possible to restore power to six customers in the Riverside area of Norwich, yesterday afternoon following an underground cable fault at 3.25pm.
'The fault affected 18 properties originally but 12 were restored by 4.05pm and the final six customers had their supplies back at 4.20pm.'
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Former factory site to become a new church
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate