Affordable housing and care home bid a 'win-win' for Sheringham
- Credit: Google
A development of 24 houses and a 70-bed care home in Sheringham has been described as a "win-win" for the town.
The scheme, called West Wood, would be located in Weybourne Road, next to The Reef, the town's new £12.7m pool and leisure centre which is due to open this year.
A planning application has not yet been submitted, as the bid is still in the pre-planning phase and the developers are asking for feedback.
The site, at the western entrance to the town, is currently owned by Hollands Sheringham.
If planning permission is granted, the land would be sold to Flagship Homes, with half of the funds then granted to Sheringham Town Council.
The remaining money would be donated to charities including Sheringham and District Sports Association and Woodfields School.
You may also want to watch:
The response has been positive, with one woman saying: "I can’t help but feeling excited and hopeful for the young and elderly of Sheringham."
Another commented: "It's definitely a win-win for the town."
The plans can be viewed at www.sheringhamwestwood.co.uk, until October 27.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’