Sheringham Safer Neighbourhood Team hold series of events to promote keeping safe
Sheringham residents will have the chance to find out more about crime prevention next month in a series of events hosted by Norfolk Constabulary.
A group of PCSOs from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will be putting on the events to offer advice and help on how to keep safe.
Organiser PCSO Rebekah Best, said: 'We are really keen to offer crime prevention advice to local residents as it often takes only simple steps to keep you, your home and your property safe.'
The first event - a crime prevention day - takes place on Thursday, March 1 at St Andrews Methodist Church.
This is open to everyone and will look at keeping homes and belongings safe with information from securing heating oil tanks to preventing scrap metal thefts available.
You may also want to watch:
The PCSOs will be joined by Trading Standards on the day who will offer advice on how to stay alert to scams and how not to fall victim to rogue traders or bogus officials.
This event is on from 11am to 2pm.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
The following weekend there will be a series of mobile police station events to give local residents the chance to speak to officers about any issues or concerns. People can also find out about the work being done to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour in their area.
These events will take place at:
• The Old Carpenters Shop, Kelling, on Friday, March 9, from 10.30am to noon.
• Sheringham Library on Saturday, March 10, from 10.30am to noon.
• The Wheatsheaf, West Beckham, on Monday, March 12 from noon to 1.30pm.
For more information about these events or to contact the Sheringham SNT call the non-emergency number 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.