Sheringham’s Skye Hubbard has 12 inches of her hair shorn for charity
- Credit: Archant
Nine-year-old Skye Hubbard wanted to do something to help others, so she decided to cut her lovely, long hair for charity.
To most people having a good haircut is just an everyday thing, but the Sheringham youngster loved her long hair.
She had 12 inches of her hair cut to help the Little Princess Trust, which provides wigs and hairpieces for children who suffer hair loss due to cancer treatment.
While this alone was an amazing thing to do, Skye also raised over £500 for the charity, which ensures that the trust doesn't have to pay for the wig to be made.
Skye said: 'I wanted to do this for a year and finally got the okay from my parents.
You may also want to watch:
'I saw an advert for children with cancer and they had no hair. I asked my mum why, and she told me it's from chemotherapy. So ever since then I wanted to help just one child have hair again, and show that we can help by doing something as little as have a haircut.'
What are you doing for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 4 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window