Sheringham’s Skye Hubbard has 12 inches of her hair shorn for charity
- Credit: Archant
Nine-year-old Skye Hubbard wanted to do something to help others, so she decided to cut her lovely, long hair for charity.
To most people having a good haircut is just an everyday thing, but the Sheringham youngster loved her long hair.
She had 12 inches of her hair cut to help the Little Princess Trust, which provides wigs and hairpieces for children who suffer hair loss due to cancer treatment.
While this alone was an amazing thing to do, Skye also raised over £500 for the charity, which ensures that the trust doesn't have to pay for the wig to be made.
Skye said: 'I wanted to do this for a year and finally got the okay from my parents.
'I saw an advert for children with cancer and they had no hair. I asked my mum why, and she told me it's from chemotherapy. So ever since then I wanted to help just one child have hair again, and show that we can help by doing something as little as have a haircut.'
What are you doing for charity? Email email@example.com
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 8 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 9 Housing association hoping to build 461 homes in south Norfolk town
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm