Sheringham pooch Billie Jean leads the way at Crufts
- Credit: Archant
A pet pooch from north Norfolk took the lead at the world's biggest dog show - by winning two prizes.
Billie Jean, a one-year-old Lancashire Heeler named after the famous Michael Jackson song, won the Junior Class and the title of Reserve Best Bitch for her breed at Crufts in Birmingham.
His owner, Justine Thompson from Sheringham, revealed she was delighted.
'I was shocked,' she said. 'I wasn't expecting to win as we were up against strong competition. When we were called I had to ask the stewards if we had actually won.
'Crufts is the biggest dog show in the world so its amazing for a little dog from Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
An American Cocker Spaniel awarded the coveted Best in Show at the event which attracted a crowd of around 160,000 dog owners over the four-day competition.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs