Sheringham panto gives big boost to Little Theatre
- Credit: ANDI SAPEY
A Peter Pan panto hooked in the crowds at Sheringham Little Theatre.
More than 6000 people watched the 45 shows during the festive season.
The production played to an average of 83pc capacity at the 180-seater venue, with many of the performances sold out, said theatre director Debbie Thompson who was thrilled with the success of the panto.
'Feedback from audiences showed people loved the special effects, humour and quirkiness of the show, and the children particularly loved the puppets,' she added.
The panto included specially made puppets of Tick and Tock, the crocodiles feared by villainous Captain Hook and which are being raffled off at the end of the season, as well as projections and simulated flying scenes.
You may also want to watch:
'It was an ambitious production for us. We had shied away from Pan in the past because of the flying, but we can do it now because of the strength of the technical team headed by Matt Coomber,' added Mrs Thompson.
It was also helped by having the show specially written for the small stage venue by director Nick Earnshaw.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
'As a community theatre we rely very heavily on the panto and summer drama seasons which are our two main box office income generators. So a successful panto season is important to us, and we are very pleased with Peter Pan's figures this year which exceeded our budget targets.'
Next Christmas the Little Theatre's panto will be the Wizard of Oz, and will see a return of 'dame' James Lavender.
Find out more about upcoming productions at www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com or call the box office on 01263 822347.