Seaside theatre seeks donations to help lockdown recovery plans
- Credit: Archant
A seaside theatre is appealing for public donations to help it battle back from the coronavirus lockdown.
All performances at Sheringham Little Theatre are currently cancelled until mid September, with no indication of when it might be safe to reopen.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: “We are a little theatre, and that poses problems. We have 160 seats, but need them to be 75-80pc full to make shows financially viable. However, under social distancing, we could only fill half of them.
The Little Theatre is planning extra fundraising events of its own, but it is also asking people to make donations via a button on the front page of its website www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com
Mrs Thompson said: “The first shows to return are likely to be smaller events for theatre members and Friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone keen not to miss out, can become a member of Friend on the website. Joining will provide extra income for the theatre.”
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 3 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 4 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 6 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 7 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 8 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent