Sheringham flower festival tops �13,000
A major flower festival at Sheringham has raised more than �13,000 for church funds and charity.
The event at St Andrew's Methodist Church attracted about 3,000 visitors over a four-day weekend in July.
CHurch and festival secretary Rosa West said the total of �13,608 was just �100 short of the previous record in 2007.
Around 10pc of funds would be given to a cause chosen by festivalgoers - the Sheringham Lifeboat - with the rest going to keep the church-running, from heating and insurance to outreach and youth work, she added.
The church is also selling DVDs of photos from the festival. They are �3.50 (+�1.50 post and packing if out of Sheringham). Contact 01263 823420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Work has already started on planning next year's event, which is the main fund raiser for the church, and will be held on July 4-7.
It will also host, on December 13-18, the town Christmas tree festival which alternates between the methodist and parish churches.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months