Sheringham darts league in Craig Cutting’s memory raises £1,740
- Credit: Archant
The fourth Sheringham Craig Cutting memorial summer league darts event attracted 18 players and has raised £1,740 for good causes.
The cash has been split three ways: £900 is going to the About With Friends charity which provides social and work opportunities for adults with learning difficulties, £450 to the Alzheimer's Society, and £290 to the Weybourne chemotherapy unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where Mr Cutting, from Sheringham, was treated before his death, aged 29, in June 2013.
Kevin Webb, who runs the league with Paul Reeve, thanked the Dunstable Arms pub in Sheringham for hosting it. He added: 'We are already looking forward to next year.'
The winners were: league and overall: Paul Reeve, shield: Dan Hicks, pairs: Paul Reeve and Peter Thorogate. Highest checkout: Matty Bailey (161).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 7 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich