WATCH: North Norfolk town gets into the festive spirit with Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
With Christmas just over a month away, one north Norfolk town has become the latest to switch on its festive lights and get into the spirit of Christmas.
Sheringham held its annual Christmas lights switch-on on Friday, which also featured a snow machine, bubble machine as well as the opportunity to interact with some actual reindeer.
The lights were switched on by Sheringham Town Council clerk Denise Medler to honour her years of service on the town council.
Stuart McClean, chairman of the Sheringham Carnival Committee, also helps to organise the switch-on and said: 'It went very well. The lights are on the three main streets in town and are all set off from the clock in town.
'We've got the timing down to a tee now, they all go off at the same time. It looks spectacular as you drive down to Sheringham.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich