Sheep and cow cause rush hour delays on A47 in Swaffham and Brundall
- Credit: Frances Crickmore
Livestock caused delays on two separate stretches of the same road during Friday's rush hour traffic.
Within the space of one hour, both a number of sheep and a cow found their way onto the A47 in two different locations.
First, at around 7.55am, police were contacted by a member of the public with reports of a large brown cow on the roundabout near McDonald's in Brundall.
A police block was put in place while the cow was recaptured, with the road cleared by 8.30am.
Then, at around 8.55am there was a separate report of sheep on the same road - this time near Swaffham.
You may also want to watch:
Police were contacted by a member of the public with reports of a number of sheep on the A47 in Swaffham near the junction with Sporle Road.
Officers attended but were unable to locate the animals, before later being contacted by a farmer, who informed them that he had been able to round them up and remove them from the road.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler