Shania wins ASHS Got Talent contest at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston
A high school talent contest in south Norfolk wowed the audience at a sellout final.
The winner of the ASHS Got Talent competition at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston was Shania Scott, who sang an Ed Sheeran Song. She was presented with a trophy and flowers.
The school's link officer, Kate Nichols, said: 'Shania was excellent. She's such a talented singer and a really nice girl.'
The other finalists last Thursday included: Leon Bedwell (singer); Tom Wilkie and Brandon Williams (Kung Fu); JSJ (dancers); The Rockaholics (band); Maths teacher Mr Ball (singer); Ben Schofield (guitar); Georgia Golby (saxophonist); Rebekah Snelling (piano); Dann Family Band (singers and guitar); Miss Kidd and teachers who, along with pupils Jack and Tom Parsons and Brandon Pickess, performed a comedy sketch; Harvey Clarke and Kyle Dann (guitar and drums) and Nicole Bartram (singer).
'They were all really good and they all put so much effort into their performances, but there had to be a winner,' added Kate. 'And Iain Symon and Ryan Frankland, who played Ant and Dec, were hilarious.'
You may also want to watch:
The competition, which began with a couple of weeks of auditions before the finalists went head-to-head on Thursday, was organised by the school council to raise money for a new minibus and the final raised �400 for the appeal.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 Couple launch new park café after market success
- 10 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites