“Sexual predator” jailed for grooming teenage girls on social media
- Credit: Archant
A 'determined sexual predator' who groomed four teenage girls for sex has been jailed for six years and put on the sex offenders register for life.
Steven Adams, 26, contacted a 14 year-old girl on Facebook and sent her messages encouraging her to engage in sexual activity, but she blocked him, Norwich Crown Court heard.
Adams also contacted a 15-year-old girl on Facebook and sent her text messages asking her for sex. He also made a sexual advance to an 11-year-old girl and made sexually explicit comments to a 13-year-old girl, the court was told.
Jude Durr, prosecuting, said Adams had showed grooming behaviour: 'He used social media to cloak himself in the disguise of a friend.'
Adams, of Pristow Green Lane, Tibenham, was convicted of inciting girls under 16 to engage in sexual activity between 2013 and 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Jailing him, Judge Maureen Bacon said: 'In my view you are a determined sexual predator.'
She said the 'vulnerable' victims in his case had been deeply affected by his behaviour,
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
Mark McDonald, for Adams, said that he was at the time of the offences he was 'immature' for his age, although since then he was now much more mature.
He said that Adams realised he would have to serve time in jail but said: 'It is hoped that when he comes out he can pick up the pieces.'