“Sexual predator” jailed for grooming teenage girls on social media
- Credit: Archant
A 'determined sexual predator' who groomed four teenage girls for sex has been jailed for six years and put on the sex offenders register for life.
Steven Adams, 26, contacted a 14 year-old girl on Facebook and sent her messages encouraging her to engage in sexual activity, but she blocked him, Norwich Crown Court heard.
Adams also contacted a 15-year-old girl on Facebook and sent her text messages asking her for sex. He also made a sexual advances to an 11-year-old girl and made sexually explicit comments to a 13-year-old girl, the court was told.
Jude Durr, prosecuting, said Adams had showed grooming behaviour: 'He used social media to cloak himself in the disguise of a friend.'
Adams, of Pristow Green Lane, Tibenham, was convicted of inciting girls under 16 to engage in sexual activity between 2013 and 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Jailing him, Judge Maureen Bacon said: 'In my view you are a determined sexual predator.'
She said the 'vulnerable' victims in his case had been deeply affected by his behaviour,
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 8 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
Mark McDonald, for Adams, said that he was at the time of the offences he was 'immature' for his age, although since then he was now much more mature.
He said that Adams realised he would have to serve time in jail but said: 'It is hoped that when he comes out he can pick up the pieces.'