Sewer collapse in The Street, Brundall affecting bus services
- Credit: Edward Starr Photographer
Bus services are unable to get to areas of Brundall as a sewer has collapsed in The Street, Brundall.
First Buses said they 'are unable to serve Cucumber Lane and will serving from the Railway Bridge,'
A diversion has been set up via the Brundall roundabout through Blofield.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: 'We are very sorry for any inconvenience or disruption caused by our works on The Street Brundall.
'We were alerted to a collapsed sewer and our engineers are working to complete these vital emergency repairs.
You may also want to watch:
'To minimise the time it takes to complete the repair engineers will be installing a brand new sewer pipe inside the damaged pipe, using a tunneling technique.
'This will reduce the amount of digging and time needed to repair the pipe.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
'Whilst the works are carried out the road will be remain closed to keep our staff and customers safe. A diversion route will be place.
The road will be reopened on Friday, September 15.'