Severe winds cause delays on Norwich to Liverpool Street train
Wind was so severe this evening that a large branch was blown onto the railway track at Colchester, causing several delays.
Commuters travelling on the Norwich to Liverpool Street service at 6.22pm had their journey delayed by 15 minutes while the track was cleared.
This caused a back up with later trains suffering the same amount of delay.
Some trains even missed the Chelmsford and Stratford stops out entirely and went straight to Liverpool Street.
The services were running as normal two hours later.
Online social media user MadamMiaow tweeted around 7pm, saying: 'Trains held up on Norwich to Liverpl St line due to 18.22 train hitting tree nr Colchester. Moving but slow. Like a Berman movie.'
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
• What do you think? Write to Evening News Letters, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.