Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- Credit: Nicholas Allison
Police are hunting a driver who ran away from the scene after crashing into a level crossing.
According to the AA, there are reports of very slow traffic in the area after the crash on the B1531 Victoria Road, with many major roads in and out of Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth blocked.
This includes Normanston Drive, Bridge Road, Victoria Road, Cotmer Road and the A146.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said: "Police were called to an RTC at Oulton Broad on the B1531 Victoria Road with the junction at Normanston Drive.
"The incident happened at 2.20pm today when a vehicle, a black Clio, collided with two vehicles that were being driven at the time.
"The driver of the Clio then decamped from the vehicle and fled the scene.
"Enquiries are on-going to locate the suspect.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
"The area is now clear after an initial closure of the road and initial investigations were conducted.
"No-one has been hurt in the incident."