Seven friends raise £3000 for EACH in epic six peak challenge
- Credit: Archant
A group of seven friends smashed their 'six peaks challenge' and raised more than £3,000 for the nook appeal.
The Norfolk gang tackled the mountainsin just 20 hours and 23 minutes for little Lauren Taylor, who died aged 15 months, after being born with a rare life-limiting condition, Patau syndrome.
Average survival time for children with the condition is between seven and 10 days.
The team included Andrew Sabberton, 37, of Wroxham; Chris Yates, 46, of Brundall; Steve Reed, 37, of Eaton; Tom Hurd, 32, of Spixworth; Colin Jones, 56, of Keswick; Kevin Rooney of Taverham and Elliot Greenleaf, 24, from Norwich, and they were supported by Norwich's Gnaw Chocolate,
Tim Jenkins, EACH Norfolk community fundraiser, said: 'Thank you so much to all of them for this massive undertaking to help raise money. Support like this is really invaluable.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online
- 10 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?