Seven fire crews tackle large field blaze in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
Seven fire crews were called to tackle a field blaze in Stow Bedon.
The crews - from Attleborough, Watton, Hethersett, Thetford, Wymondham, Dereham and Earlham - were called to the field on Rockland Road just after 5pm on Thursday night.
The fire had broken out in a field of standing corn, the fire service said.
MORE: Chief fire officer warns raging fires near Manchester could happen in NorfolkFirefighters used hose reel jets to put out the blaze, which saw plumes of smoke visible for miles.
It comes amid a spate of wildfires in Norfolk caused by particularly dry conditions, and a warning from a chief fire officer in Norfolk that raging fires near Manchester could happen in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named