Seven arrests as cash and drugs seized in morning police raid
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested as part of a drugs raid at an address in North Norwich this morning.
Oficers from the neighbourhood policing team, community team and a Norfolk and Suffolk police dogs unit forced entry to a property on Bull Close Road.
A spokesperson from Norfolk Police said: 'Officers attended an address on Bull Close Road following concerns from local residents about drug dealing in the area.
'We have seized a large quantity of cash and Class A drugs and seven people have been arrested.'
Two woman and five men have now been taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Mark Shepherd, who helped execute the warrant, tweeted that one person was arrested after being located trying to hide from officers upstairs.
The raid was part of the ongoing drive to crack down on Class A drug dealing in the county - Operation Gravity.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
Anyone with concerns about drug dealing in their area should contact Norfolk Police on 101.