Service at Norwich Cathedral marks final farewell to Taverham High’s Trevyn
- Credit: Supplied
Mourners packed Norwich Cathedral today to say a final farewell to a Norfolk schoolgirl who died following a fall in a PE lesson.
Trevyn Joslin was a pupil at Taverham High School where the accident took place last month.
Among those paying their respects yesterday were many of her young classmates who had known the 12-year-old girl as one of the central figures at her school.
Speaking during the service this lunch time, headteacher Ron Munson said Trevyn, who was known as TJ, was a role model for her fellow pupils.
He said: 'She was always there at extra-curricular activities and it's true that she actually looked forward to coming to school. She was also academically bright, showing others that hard work brought its rewards and encouraging others to do the same.'
You may also want to watch:
For more, see tomorrow's paper.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'