Serious sexual assault allegation in grounds of St Nicholas Minster in Great Yarmouth withdrawn
- Credit: Archant
An allegation of a serious sexual assault in the grounds of a church has been withdrawn.
The incident was said to have taken place sometime between 10.30pm and 11pm on Friday, February 3 in the grounds of The Minster Church of St Nicholas off Church Plain, Great Yarmouth.
A police spokesman said the false allegation has now been withdrawn bythe woman who made the allegation and no further action would now be taken by the police.
The incident in February was one of those which led to claims there was a crime wave in the town.
That claim was refuted strongly by the head of policing in Great Yarmouth and the leader of the borough council.
You may also want to watch:
That week there were reports of a man in his 60s being robbed at a town centre cash point in the early evening and also a woman was assaulted and robbed while walking through an alleyway in broad daylight at lunchtime.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction