Serious sex assault on Postwick farm track
Three men have been arrested after a 32-year-old woman was robbed and sexually assaulted on the outskirts of Norwich.
Police were called to the A47 in Postwick at around 5am this morning (Sunday) after reports of the attack.
The woman had accepted a lift from three men on Rouen Road in Norwich. They then drove her to a lay-by where she was attacked.
Police went to the scene and the vehicle suspected of being involved was stopped a short time later on the A1064 near Filby.
Three men, aged 22, 24, and 26, have been arrested and are currently in police custody at the Wymondham Police investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
This morning the lay-by was sealed off by police so officers could carry out their investigations, but this has now been lifted.
Two crime scene investigation vans were at the scene and were working on a concrete farm track parallel to the A47.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
Police said the woman was receiving help from specialist officers and staff at Norfolk's Sexual Assault Referral Centre.
A spokesman said: 'Police are treating this as an isolated incident at this stage and are not looking for anyone else in connection with it.'