A47 crash involving five people results in serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Several people have sustained serious injuries after a two-vehicle collision on the A47.
Emergency services were called at around 7.30am on Monday following reports of a serious crash between a black Saab and a white Ford Transit van at Honingham.
The collision, to the west of Bawburgh near the junction with Taverham Road, resulted in the closure of the A47 between Easton and Mattishall for almost six hours.
The road has since reopened, but reports of congestion in the area continued into the afternoon.
Five people were involved in the crash and some are believed to have sustained serious injuries.
Police would like to hear from anyone who has dashcam footage or witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the vehicles prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with relevant information is encouraged to contact PC Michael Stolworthy, from Swaffham Roads and Armed Policing Team, by calling 101, quoting incident number 56 of Monday, October 21. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest travel updates, check the EDP's live traffic map.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 7 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre