Section of Fakenham car park will be closed for two days
The pay-and-display section of a car park in Fakenham will be closed for two days next week to allow tree maintenance to be carried out.
After a tree survey was carried out at the Fakenham Connect car park in Oak Street, it was found that essential work was needed.
North Norfolk District Council has now employed a contractor and as a result the pay-and-display section of the car park will be out of action on Tuesday, April 25, and Wednesday, April 26, while the dead-wooding and general branch tidying is done.
The one-hour spaces in the car park will remain unaffected.
Alternative car parking in the town will be available at Bridge Street and The Limes.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roy Reynolds said: 'We're sorry if this work causes any short-term inconvenience to motorists, but it will pay dividends in the longer term as we make sure that the car park remains tidy and in good condition.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street