Section of Fakenham car park will be closed for two days
The pay-and-display section of a car park in Fakenham will be closed for two days next week to allow tree maintenance to be carried out.
After a tree survey was carried out at the Fakenham Connect car park in Oak Street, it was found that essential work was needed.
North Norfolk District Council has now employed a contractor and as a result the pay-and-display section of the car park will be out of action on Tuesday, April 25, and Wednesday, April 26, while the dead-wooding and general branch tidying is done.
The one-hour spaces in the car park will remain unaffected.
Alternative car parking in the town will be available at Bridge Street and The Limes.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roy Reynolds said: 'We're sorry if this work causes any short-term inconvenience to motorists, but it will pay dividends in the longer term as we make sure that the car park remains tidy and in good condition.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision