Norwich restaurants sign up to secret menu event
- Credit: Zena Leech-Calton
An event which allows customers to order food from a secret menu is returning to Norwich next year.
Secret Menu Norfolk, which launched last year, partners up with restaurants, cafes and bars across the county to bring customers an off-menu dish.
Zena Leech-Calton, the organiser, has always had a passion for food as she has been a catering student, a cooking tutor and a chef in the past.
Mrs Leech-Calton said she became an ‘accidental’ food blogger when she set up Love Norwich Food, which now is home to a free directory of places to eat, recipes, videos, event information and more.
“Last year I came up with Secret Menu Norfolk and launched with 100 restaurants, cafes and bars involved all over Norfolk," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The event ran from January to March this year where customers could get off menu dishes, but unfortunately it was cut short due to the pandemic.
“People would go in and ask for Secret Menu Norfolk to get it - I placed a post and info on my media platforms" she said.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 6 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 10 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
This time round, the event will be Secret Menu Norwich and it will run just in February 2021 to ensure it is fun and manageable.
“I have 20 to 30 places coming on board so far but would love to make it around 50," she said. “There is something for everyone from street food to cocktail bars.”
Christophes Crepes will be joining the event again in 2021. The last time round they offered an Apple Bomb with lotus, caramelised apples and cinnamon.
Customers will be able to see which secret dishes will be on offer from mid-December when they will be posted on the Secret Menu Norwich Instagram as well as the Love Norwich Food Instagram.
“It is just for fun and a way I can support local restaurants to encourage people to spend at the same time offering something exciting and a little different," she said.
Some of the places which have jumped on board this event so far include:
- Christophe’s Crepes
- Bun Box
- Norwich market stalls such as Feast and Walsingham Farm Shop
- Beasty Boys
- Grill House
- Olive Pizzeria
- Mambo Jambos
- Ancestors Coffee
- Danomey Kitchen at The Stanley
- Spice Valley
- Salls Lokma
- The Urban Eatery
- The Feed
- Gyre and Gimble
For more information, you can visit the website www.lovenorwichfood.co.uk