Secret garden-themed Royal Norfolk Show ball will raise funds for Break
- Credit: � MJR Photography
A secret garden and a special celebration of our county will await those who attend the 2017 Royal Norfolk Show masquerade ball.
The fundraiser - which is supporting children's charity Break - will take place at the Norfolk Showground on Friday, June 23, and tickets for the event are now on sale.
As well as enjoying all the traditional glamour of a masquerade ball, people will also be able to explore an enchanting secret garden and some GoGoHares sculptures - part of the charity art trail that Break is planning for 2018 - will also be making an appearance.
The menu for the night will be showcasing some of Norfolk's finest produce.
Sarah Softley, of Softley Events which is organising the ball with Break, said: 'We are delighted to be supporting this event and we promise a night of celebration of both our fine county of Norfolk and the work that this great charity does, to deliver what is regarded as the highlight of Norfolk's social calendar.'
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Bunn, senior fundraising officer and event coordinator for Break, said: 'The masquerade theme allows both men and women to dress up to the nines wearing masks of all shapes and sizes.
'It will be a colourful, entertaining night – and we have a few surprises up our sleeves too.'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
As well as raising valuable funds for Break, Miss Bunn said the ball would also help to raise the profile of the charity which aims to help children, young people and families who are in need of support.
Miss Bunn added: 'It is a fantastic opportunity for us to show people in the most wonderful way what Break is all about.
'We are having the theme of Norfolk because we are a Norfolk-based charity and we want to sing about that.'
Norfolk jewellers Dipples have sponsored a diamond for a Dazzling Heads and Tails competition on the night.
There will also be a raffle and an online auction.
Tickets for the Royal Norfolk Show masquerade ball cost £75 per person. Tables of eight, 10 and 12 are available.
For more information about the event and to book tickets, visit www.break-charity.org/support-us/events/norfolk-show-masquerade-ball-2017/