Second man charged after two people stabbed near Dereham car park
- Credit: Archant
Police officers investigating two serious assaults in Dereham have charged a 59-year-old man.
Matthew Xavier of The Maltings in Dereham has been charged with two counts of GBH with intent and will appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday morning.
The charge relates to two serious assaults which happened at approximately 6am on Saturday September 17 in an alleyway near to the Jollyes food superstore car park in the town.
The victims were treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for further treatment. Both were released later the same day.
On Wednesday Ashley Lloyd, of no fixed abode, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court charged with conspiring to cause grievous bodily harm in connection with the same incident.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on October 19.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'