Second man charged after two people stabbed near Dereham car park
- Credit: Archant
Police officers investigating two serious assaults in Dereham have charged a 59-year-old man.
Matthew Xavier of The Maltings in Dereham has been charged with two counts of GBH with intent and will appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday morning.
The charge relates to two serious assaults which happened at approximately 6am on Saturday September 17 in an alleyway near to the Jollyes food superstore car park in the town.
The victims were treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for further treatment. Both were released later the same day.
On Wednesday Ashley Lloyd, of no fixed abode, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court charged with conspiring to cause grievous bodily harm in connection with the same incident.
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on October 19.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 8 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre