Hunstanton Soap Box Derby - all you need to know
- Credit: Ian Burt
Crowds will be lining the streets in Hunstanton this weekend as the Searles Soap Box Derby races through town. Here's all you need to know.
What's it all about? Around 40 teams race their home-made carts down Hunstanton's hilly streets.
When is it? Racing is between 11.30am and 4pm on Sunday, September 22.
What's new this year? They reckon it will be a whole lot faster, with the starting line outside the Town Hall, where Greevegate meets the Green.
Where's the course? Down the Green, left at the roundabout onto Cliff Parade and then a sharp right into Beach Terrace Road.
You may also want to watch:
Good vantage points? The Green in front of the Golden Lion gives a panoramic view and is sure to be popular. Cliff Parade might see a few thrills and spills as karts meet the roundabout.
How much is it to get in? The event is free.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre